Did You Vote for a Despot?
In Part I we discussed how our Founding Fathers were concerned we would not be able to hold onto the republic they had created for us and urged education for all children and the teaching of the Bible.
In Part II, we saw how religion was removed from our school system and efforts are being made to remove it from all public aspects of our lives. In addition, the quality of the American education system has sharply declined and placing our children’s education much lower than other countries of the world. The loss of U.S. and world history and civics classes has led to voters who are unaware when their rights are stolen from them by the politicians.
As a result, we have seen increasing callousness on the welfare of Americans by our politicians as they continue to grab power and money for their own benefit.
When you have Hillary Clinton say after 4 Americans were murdered in Benghazi: “Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night and decided they’d go kill some Americans? What difference – at this point, what difference does it make?"
If the government willfully ignores calls for more security for months by Ambassador Stevens and others, then refuses to send help, do you really expect help when you need it?
When the IRS targeted conservatives, veterans, Tea Party Members, Christians and Jews who opposed Obama by denying them 501(c)(4) status or auditing them for donating to Republicans, do you think it is safe for you to speak out against the government?
When DHS (Department of Homeland Security) buys 1.5 billion bullets (enough to shoot every single American 5 times), how are you going to be able to afford or even get bullets to protect yourself? What about when DHS buys armored vehicles and body army for police departments around the country?
When the NSA spies on every single American via their emails, phone calls, Skyping, and YouTube videos and stores that data in a huge facility in Utah that can hold 3 to 12 exabytes (an exabtye is 1 trillion bytes * 1,000), as well as over 2,000 other facilities, do you really expect to have any privacy?
When you have a government that takes away your healthcare and forces you to buy government-standard healthcare, do you really expect to get quality healthcare? Especially if they pay over $300 billion for an enrollment program that should not have cost more than $20 - $30 billion per Google and Microsoft. (If you really want to see what you will get, research the VA (Veteran’s Affairs government healthcare system.)
In 2010, 85% of incumbent U.S. representatives and senators were re-elected. I know that many people were not re-elected because they were doing a good job. They were re-elected because people either walk into the voting booth and vote for a particular party or they vote for the name they recognize.
The names of newcomers are much less likely to be known by the general public and so are ignored. Even worse, when new people step up to replace the incumbents at primaries, very few voters tend to vote during primaries and those that do, vote on name recognition. They don’t take the time to look at the voting history of candidates. Incumbents often say one thing, but do another when they vote on bills because they know people don’t pay attention.
Incumbents will also, on occasion, vote the way you like because they know there are enough votes already for the bill to pass and their vote won’t make a difference in the outcome. Then they use that vote you liked to fool you into thinking they do what you want. You have to look at their entire voting history.
If you truly want to make a difference in your children’s lives,
- educate yourself and let your children see you do it
- teach them about the Constitution and Bill of Rights (the Constitution Quest game is a really fun way to do this)
- write your state and federal level senators and congressman and your governors every week (I often write one letter and send it to all of them. The internet is a great and fast way to get the message to them.)
- research the people on your school boards and elect those who will protect and educate your children, or if at all possible, pull your kids out of school and team them yourself.
- research your city representatives and mayors and elect those who will do what is best for your city, not the unions
- The Republican and Democratic National Parties also have their agenda to control the people. Money donated to these parties is spent on politicians who follow the instructions of the leaders of the parties. If you like a politician who does not follow these instructions, the party will not give him / her money for the election campaign. Therefore, do NOT donate to the party. Donate directly to the candidate you support.
If you don’t, you will continue to elect despots whose goal is to RULE you and your children, not WORK for you.